cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [RT] do me a favor, don't call them taglibs
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2004 12:58:32 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> On Vie, 3 de Diciembre de 2004, 15:35, Tony Collen dijo:
>
>>Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>>

>>>All I ask from a template language:
>>>
>>> 1) something that HTML designers can edit with Dreamweaver
>>> 2) something that doesn't use namespaced tags to identify dynamic
>>>scopes (clashes with #1)
>>> 3) something that doesn't use the name taglib
>>>
>>>That's pretty much all you have to do to make me happy.
>>>

>>I believe I was responsible for originally "starting" the discussion
>>about fixing JXTG 2, so I feel like I should probably respond.
>>
>>JXTG works just fine.  I just didn't want to be freaked out looking at
>>the source.  At a minimum, having JXTG refactored, keeping the exact
>>same functionality, and my mind would be put at ease.
>

> I can try to break the original JXTG in more classes. I mean in separated
> files.
>
> WDYT?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Antonio Gallardo.

That is the main idea with the template initiative. Then we happened to
use a word for describing the mechanism of breaking out the template tag
implementations to separate files, that suddenly made every one upset.

One could break up JXTG by writing detailed test cases for JXTG and
refactor in controlled steps to something more managable. But it didn't
seem like anybody found that solution attractive.

I'll sugest that we see what the templating discussion leads and base
further work on that.

/Daniel