cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: [RT] do me a favor, don't call them taglibs
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 22:44:12 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>On Vie, 3 de Diciembre de 2004, 15:35, Tony Collen dijo:
>

>>Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>>

>>>All I ask from a template language:
>>>
>>> 1) something that HTML designers can edit with Dreamweaver
>>> 2) something that doesn't use namespaced tags to identify dynamic
>>>scopes (clashes with #1)
>>> 3) something that doesn't use the name taglib
>>>
>>>That's pretty much all you have to do to make me happy.
>>>

>>I believe I was responsible for originally "starting" the discussion
>>about fixing JXTG 2, so I feel like I should probably respond.
>>
>>JXTG works just fine.  I just didn't want to be freaked out looking at
>>the source.  At a minimum, having JXTG refactored, keeping the exact
>>same functionality, and my mind would be put at ease.
>>

>I can try to break the original JXTG in more classes. I mean in separated
>files.

That might help in the short term. But there's something special that
happens in Cocoon - it has happened with flow, then CForms, but hasn't
happened with JXTemplate. When everyone rounds on a technology, and
thoroughly backs it. And that has still to happen in relation to
templating. (or maybe it is already happenning, who knows).

Regards, Upayavira