cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [Design] JXTG 2.0 (Just say yes!)
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 18:29:22 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
<snip/>
> I would be very helpful if we could agree on the above two points with a
> vote (and a summary, of course) before moving on.

Stefano,

Unstable blocks doesn't need a vote, and the template one is the result
of unusually extensive mail discussions and also on a general agrement
about the direction. Everything is in the mail-archives and I and others
have written numerous summaries with vast references to the relevant
writings. If you care to check the archives you can see that I and
others had all reasons to believe that we did something that was agreed
about and wanted by the community.

Obviously we don't have an agreement anymore and I'm not going to start
any vote about anything until we have found a solution that we can agree
about again. Neither will I continue any design or implementation
activities in the template area until we can find a constructive way out
of this.

What I have proposed should be rather clear from my writings and it is
quite distant from what I'm accused to propose in your and others reactions.

Anyway, I'll wait for your and other critics constructive stated
alternatives. An emmotinally over heated crusade against things that
neither I or anyone else has proposed will not lead us anywhere.

I'll urge you and others that have constructive ideas about what we
should do in the templating area to post your ideas. And please focus on
what you want rather then what you hate.

I'll be happy to continue my involvement in finding, designing and
implementing a good template solution that we as a community feel happy
  about after that.

/Daniel