cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Janino, an embedded java compiler
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 14:23:37 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

>On Friday 03 December 2004 21:20, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>>The list of possible uses cases [3] is quite impressive:
>>- the expression evaluator can be used... ahem... as yet another EL for
>>our template engine :-)
>>- the script evaluator can be used for CForms event handlers
>>- the class body evaluator can be used to write JS-like code for
>>flowscript (we don't need a class name, but just methods)
>>- it provides a compiling classloader.
>>

>Once upon a time, the founders of Cocoon taught me about FS, and I am getting
>the feeling that it has been slowly creeping into Cocoon for so long now,
>that one can't see the forest for all the trees ;o)

Ok, re-read this with a [OT/RT/FS] prefix in the subject. I have not
said I *want* this to go into Cocoon.

I found something interesting, related to some features and problems we
have *today*, plus some potential other application domains.

Sure, I could have added an entry on my weblog for this, but this is a
dev list full of people I like to discuss with, I wanted to share it here.

Period.

Sylvain