cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Janino, an embedded java compiler
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 13:20:57 GMT
Hi all,

While reading a very interesting post on Brian McCallister's blog [1] on
"inverting the inversion of control" (something for block classloaders?)
I stumbled on Janino [2], an embeddable Java compiler.

The list of possible uses cases [3] is quite impressive:
- the expression evaluator can be used... ahem... as yet another EL for
our template engine :-)
- the script evaluator can be used for CForms event handlers
- the class body evaluator can be used to write JS-like code for
flowscript (we don't need a class name, but just methods)
- it provides a compiling classloader.

Too bad it is LGPL'ed...

Sylvain

[1] http://kasparov.skife.org/blog/2004/12/02#inverting-ioc