cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CForms] widget mode (readonly, output, hidden, etc.) - offer to developers
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 13:00:39 GMT
Leonid Chumanov wrote:

> I know, that there are plans to make block CFORMS stable and there is
> a gathering the information. I enough for a long time use this block
> and me there are certain reasons which I would like to offer.
> Beforehand I apologize, if I shall tell something already discussed.
> Earlier I did not write and did not read this conference, I
> participated only in the user conference.

What do you mean by "user conference"? Do you mean the Cocoon GetTogether?

> I think, it is necessary to make more flexible system of readwrite
> modes in elements. In the my project I have made the following changes:
>
> Has entered new attribute of widget style “rwmode” (though it was
> possible to use already existing type, but it is now used and as for
> the task of a readwrite mode (hidden, output), and as for the type of
> element (textarea, data))
>
> Possible values of rwmode:
>
> invisible - the element is inaccessible and is not shown (as though it
> and is not present in general)
>
> hidden - the element is displayed by the hidden field (same as
> type=hidden)
>
> output - the element is displayed by the text (same as output)
>
> output_hidden - simultaneously the element is displayed by the hidden
> field and the element is displayed by the text
>
> readonly - the element is displayed by a field of editing, but with a
> grey background and attribute only reading
>
> readwrite (default) - a usual element of editing

This list is partially implemented by a recent new feature, the "widget
states". There are now getState/setState methods taking a WidgetState
argument.

The currently available states are:
- active: what you call readwrite
- disabled: what you call readonly
- invisible: same as you.

The "output" state will be added as it corresponds to a real need, but
I'm not sure about the "hidden" and the "output_hidden" states. Can you
explain the use cases for these two states?

Sylvain