cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: "Stripping" the Cocoon source tree
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 14:42:23 GMT
Bart Molenkamp wrote:

>Hi Jorg,
>
>Thanks for your reply. Ok, so maven helps downloading the correct
>version of Cocoon a specific version of your application. That solves a
>part of the problem. But what if you need to make a change to some
>Cocoon classes, or apply a patch (and for some reason you are forced to
>maintain it in your repository e.g. because there is a chance that the
>patch won't be applied in the Cocoon SVN repository before you release
>your project)?
>
>Bart.

I do this frequently.  I build the base release I am working on and put
it in my maven repository. I put the war file in cocoon/wars and the
jars in cocoon/jars. I put the gzipped source downloaded from Apache in
cocoon/src.  I then create my patches as patch files and patch my
original cocoon and rebuild.  The result of that will be something like
cocoonwar-2.1.6-a.war.  I'll zip the patches and place them into the
cocoon/src directory as cocoon-patch-2.1.6-a.zip.

 From this anyone can build the vesion of Cocoon you are deploying,
assuming your local.build.properties and local.blocks.properties are
also available.

If I actually have to patch Cocoon I would also submit that back via
bugzilla.  We also have a module in our CVS repository for proprietary
additions that go on top of Cocoon.

HTH,
Ralph