cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From H.vanderLin...@MI.unimaas.nl
Subject RE: Orbeon vs Cocoon? - Live version available?
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:13:30 GMT
Hi Bertrand,

I've looked at their site a few days ago and saw something mentioned about
their code being open source. Haven't looked at it further (yet).

I can't help but mention that the documentation on their website looks much
better and much more coherent than Cocoon. So this is a challenge: to get
our documentation up to speed. What I do like as well, and this might be
easier (as in quicker) to accomplish is the fact that they have live samples
on their website.
I often want to have a quick look at the samples, but since I've set up my
project along the YourCocoonProjectAnt16 instructions, my "distro" is as
lean as possible and lacking all samples. That would mean I need a second
build for the entire distribution.

It would be nice if there was a place where the latest release would be
running, so everyone could check it out. I know this requires cleaning up
the crap that some people think they should enter, but that might be done
through some simple scripts.

It would also give future users the change to have a look at Cocoon before
doing the actual download. And newbies can verify if they have done things
correctly because they can compare their own version with "THE" live
version.

I know server hosting will be a problem, but maybe it's running somewhere
already which could be made available to "the world"?

WDYT?

Bye, Helma