cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Design] JXTG 2.0 (Just my opinion)
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2004 09:37:58 GMT
Le 3 déc. 04, à 21:40, Glen Ezkovich a écrit :
> ...I'm not sure I agree that templates as being part of the view. I
> look at them more as providing XML structure to the data....

We need both actually - if you work with the "two-step view" pattern
(which is very natural with Cocoon), you need a first set of templates
to generate XML out of your data, and a second set to transform the XML
into the final presentation format.

Currently we have JXTG for the first step, and mostly XSLT for the
second. Having something that could cover both steps and be usable by
either programmers working on the first step or designers working on
the second would be a Really Good Thing.

-Bertrand

[1] http://www.martinfowler.com/eaaCatalog/twoStepView.html