cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JXTemplateGenerator
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2004 22:52:10 GMT
Le 10 déc. 04, à 17:29, Christopher Oliver a écrit :

> ...The funniest post of all was this
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=110210971210386&w=2.
>
> I mean, give me break. That is just plain silly....

Can't swallow this one without reacting, sorry - wrong tone, and there
is a general consensus that JXTG needs refactoring, I find it very
unfair of you to pick on Tony specifically.

Any 3000-lines java source file *is* scary in my book, detailed
analysis would probably show that you code is indeed well structured,
but looking at it as it is now is scary for many people, myself
included.

You've been quiet for a while, people are willing to take over to
ensure JXTG's future (because it's a great tool, we *are* thankful to
you for this), they're doing their best and we're starting to see good
things coming out of this.

So please respect their work - as much as we respect you and your work.

-Bertrand