cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Bug] Wrong version number if forrest is available
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:34:27 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> >>
> >>If this is the only property that gets overwritten by forrest, then I'm
> >>fine with this.
> >
> >That would be a good workaround to give us room to breathe. I will not
> >be able to do it until tomorrow our time.
> >
> I think we don't need to fix it right now, I can change my env for some
> days - but not forever :)

Yes, but we don't want to field questions from users about
cocoon version number gone AWOL.

> >>Perhaps the better way would be to remove forrest from
> >>our build. It looks much safer for me.
> >
> >Open to suggestions of how that could operate. Do you mean not
> >have forrest be called at the end of 'build docs' at all?
> >So remind people to run 'build docs' to generate the sitemap
> >component docs and the jars.xml file, then just manually
> >follow up with 'forrest' externally. That could work.
>
> Yepp - I think it did work before we started generating the
> sitemap components docs.

I am going to the bush for a few days holiday, so i just
disabled forrest from the 'build docs' target. There is more
work to do to disconnect it. That target also does some
copying work after forrest finished.

Anyway, for those keen to work on building Cocoon's 2.2 docs ...

Use forrest_06_branch SVN
./build.sh docs
forrest

See the 'forrest run' notes in thread:
Re: trunk build docs using forrest_06_branch

--David