cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Bug] Wrong version number if forrest is available
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 09:29:39 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:

> >>Drat, there is no way around that, other than for you to install
> >>forrest_06_branch for use with Cocoon trunk, or we remove forrest
> >>completely from the build.
> >>
> >>I did do testing and fixed that issue, but forgot that people
> >>might still try to use the old forrest-0.5.1 against cocoon trunk.
>
> I'm not using forrest with cocoon, I just have a development environment
> that sets FORREST_HOME to make it work with other projects.

So i have just had a sudden revelation that practically nobody
bothers with doing 'build docs' for Cocoon.

> >Or we could tweak the cocoon build system to change
> >${version} to ${cocoon.version}
> >
> If this is the only property that gets overwritten by forrest, then I'm
> fine with this.

That would be a good workaround to give us room to breathe. I will not
be able to do it until tomorrow our time.

> Perhaps the better way would be to remove forrest from
> our build. It looks much safer for me.

Open to suggestions of how that could operate. Do you mean not
have forrest be called at the end of 'build docs' at all?
So remind people to run 'build docs' to generate the sitemap
component docs and the jars.xml file, then just manually
follow up with 'forrest' externally. That could work.

--David