cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: Remove current docs in trunk
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2004 08:54:17 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> [snip]
> >>and set up the sekelton of new ones using Forrest 0.6.
> >
> >The Cocoon build system needs some work to enable that.
> >There are issues with clashes of Ant target names, e.g. webapp
> >and variable names, e.g. $version.
> >
> >Use the forrest_06_branch rather than the 0.6 release.
> >There are some changes to help with the above issue.
> >The other option is to use the current Forrest trunk.
> >... not sure what to recommend.
> >
> >Anyway, i will commit my changes so far to get forrest-0.6
> >closer to working.
> I'd rather avoid using a non-released Forrest version because this makes it
> easier for more users to join this documentation effort.

I agree' lets use the forrest_06_branch.

> Is a Forrest 0.6.1
> release, that contains all necessary changes, possible?

Yes, we could do that. So far, we have added a few things to help
with the integration of forrest into the Cocoon build system.
There may be more changes required, so i would really appreciate
the help of Ant build experts to solve the problems early.

> For now I can live without having the docs build integrated into the global
> Cocoon build.

Not quite sure what you mean. That is the way we use Forrest,
calling its ant targets from the global Cocoon build.

We run 'build docs' which prepares some other documentation,
such as the installing/jars.xml and the sitemap component docs,
then call forrest.

Perhaps you mean that, as a workaround, we can run 'build docs'
let it fail, then run 'forrest' in the top-level cocoon directory.

View raw message