cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Remove current docs in trunk
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2004 07:10:25 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> [snip]
> > and set up the sekelton of new ones using Forrest 0.6.
>
> The Cocoon build system needs some work to enable that.
> There are issues with clashes of Ant target names, e.g. webapp
> and variable names, e.g. $version.
>
> Use the forrest_06_branch rather than the 0.6 release.
> There are some changes to help with the above issue.
> The other option is to use the current Forrest trunk.
> ... not sure what to recommend.
>
> Anyway, i will commit my changes so far to get forrest-0.6
> closer to working.

I committed those changes to use forrest_06_branch.
There are changes to skinconf.xml which can come later.

However, './build.sh docs' still has some problems.
I am no Ant build expert, so could use some help.
It seems to complain about using the wrong Ant or missing
jars or something.

The whole section of the Cocoon build where it calls forrest
could be tidied up later, as it seems overly complex.
Anyway, at the moment i just want to get it to run forrest
then we can come back and tidy the rest of it up.

--David