cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [Design] JXTG 2.0 (Just say yes!)
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 16:49:46 GMT
On Monday 06 December 2004 23:00, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> In that case, a single EL is just painful.
> Furthermore, specifying the language in the component declaration
> doesn't help readability nor reuse of templates between projects.

Is it only me? I like Java a lot, and how come I can't construct the page
parts in Java as well? Is it that people really love to learn 15 different
programming languages when one can do more than enough?

Tapestry, IMHO, have got a lot of things right. Let the programmers use Java
and let the designers use Dreamweaver (or whatever their personal choice is).
Having the programmers crank out some <tr> statements isn't that much of a
deal, but blurring the pitcure of who is in charge of the template is. The
designer knows shit-all about any programming construct and the programmer
knows shit-all about design (pardon my french).

Maybe this community is a lot about people who think that they are in the
middle and can do both... no offense :o) , most real-world projects are not
organized in that manner.

Cheers
Niclas
--