cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: encoding problem in textarea
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 16:26:35 GMT

On 3 Dec 2004, at 14:47, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> Mate,

Thanks for your reply.

> I am not totally sure but...
>
>> Technique:
>> I read the XML Source to a String (to add to the textarea widget)
>> like  this:
>> var string = org.apache.avalon.excalibur.io.IOUtil.toString(
>>   new java.io.BufferedInputStream(
>>     org.apache.cocoon.components.source.SourceUtil.getInputSource(
>>       resolver.resolveURI(uri)
>>     ).getByteStream()
>>   )
>> );
>
> if you create a String from a byte stream, array or
> whatever is byte-based don't you have to specify the
> charset?

I will look into that.

> AFAIK creating a String from a byte array
> uses the platform default charset.

Which AFAIU is UTF-8 on MacOSX.

>> form.lookupWidget("xhtml").setValue(string);
>
> did you check whether the string looks fine here?
>
> ...just what came up to my mind right away

	var htmlWidget = form.lookupWidget("xhtml");
	htmlWidget.setValue(getSourceAsString(id));
	cocoon.log.info("String before edit: " + htmlWidget.getValue());

And it is correct at this stage.

regards Jeremy

                                 IT IS NOT FROM ME

                         Always check the label, folks !!!!!