cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: app skeleton based on YourCocoonBasedProjectAnt16?
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2004 14:11:51 GMT
Le 20 déc. 04, à 14:39, Sylvain Wallez a écrit :

> ...Sorry, but I still find this too much complicated. 12 steps,
> involving ant, command-line, xpatch are way too much complex compared
> to my proposal which simply consists in moving files around and
> modifying <import> elements in a centralized file...

Ok, let's see your proposal in the flesh.
We're probably seing the problem from different perspectives here.

> ...We must come back to a binary distro which can be stripped down
> easily and started without having to open a console window. That will
> make Cocoon less scary...

Hmm...I still think people need to be comfortable with a command-line
to be efficient with Cocoon. you'd lose too much by sticking to point
and click. But having such a distro wouldn't hurt for training or
initial contact with Cocoon.

-Bertrand