cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jonas Ekstedt <ekst...@ibg.uu.se>
Subject Re: [Design] JXTG 2.0 (Just say yes!)
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 23:45:11 GMT
On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 22:32 +0100, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Glen Ezkovich wrote:

> >> Yeah, cocoon-dev has gone crazy during the week-end :-)

> >> I don't agree: it happens quite often to have mixed view data
> >> combining java objects and XML.
> >

> > Hmmm... why does this happen? It seems that the java could be injected
> > by by one component and the XML by another.
>

> Not always, e.g. when you have an XML document and objects describing
> its metadata which are both managed by a flowscript.

Fully agree. Restricting expressions to only one type would be quite bad
I think. In addition to xpath and jelly it would also be cool with
formatting expressions (ie ${format:<jelly-expression>#type}). As an
example of all three types (xpath, jelly and format) consider a site
with some articles and a calendar on it:

  <h3>This months calendar</h3>
  <calendar:month currentDate="${jelly:today}"/>

  <h3>Articles</h3>
  <dom:out select="${xpath:/domVariable/articles/article}

Cheers Jonas