cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Luca Garulli <l.garu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Client side validation
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:47:48 GMT
On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 23:49:04 +0100, Sylvain Wallez <sylvain@apache.org> wrote:
> Considering that the object model are very different in the form and in
> the client, that seems difficult to me.

Think to a function that make some checks on date values. If this JS
doesn't contain any references to the server-side object model
(cocoon, java snippets, etc.) it may be deployed in both sides: client
and server. Obviously any dependency with the server side object model
should be passed by function parameters.

This feature (shoulds) already works in current cocoon.

> Please consider my proposal of having validators output an XML fragment
> that is later transformed to JS by the presentation stylesheets. It
> would just require to upgrade the XSLs.

Yes, a XSL it's better than a transformer, something like
client-validation-js.xsl ?

--
bye,
Luca Garulli