cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralph Goers" <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Attribute Rendering and CForms Convertors
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 20:24:11 GMT
Joerg Heinicke said:

> Sample: You have an object, that can be viewed and edited. This object
> will be extended by adding a further required field when editing it and
> would be of interest when viewing it. How much effort do you need to
> update all the views that reference it? To what degree can you reuse
> your views?
> For such a change CForms is really bad. I had to update definitions,
> bindings, template so often!

I see where we are not connecting.  In my case the issue is not that a lot
of views need to be modified when an object changes. It is that a single
use case can have many views.  In this case, we have a single xslt (or a
few) that uses parameters to determine what to display and how to do it.

We aren't using CForms yet.  We might after it is marked stable.

Ralph