cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From oceatoon <t.katelb...@systheo.com>
Subject Re: Client side validation
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 11:05:31 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le 23 nov. 04, à 10:53, oceatoon a écrit :
>> ...Is different JS really coded for different browsers? I thought
>> there were
>> only those with JS and those without, in the second case validation
>> would
>
> your (future) client might *not* even be a browser per se. Think Flash,
> XUL, and related stuff.

thanks for putting it back into the real Cocoon context of abstraction which
us multiple final layouts, I sometimes get cornered in my use case,the web.
But please correct me I might be completly off track, but if the entier
snippets are written directly as blocks of code, specific to "one" final
result ( otherwise resutl specific validations are needed) , these could
concirn as much actionscript for Flash, i don't know much about XUL but
also for it's own language. and the validation would still be functionnal.

 IMHO, it is easier to produce the validation(complex or complex) in the
code we are actively using (coding). Adding more layers of abstraction
seems a complication (I dear to say) that is justified when multiple types
of finale results use one same validation rule translated into each of it's
specific codes.
These solutions being in no way blocking for one another, I hope they both
find there way ;)
Regards
Tibor