cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From oceatoon <t.katelb...@systheo.com>
Subject Re: Multiple forms on one page
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:37:49 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> oceatoon wrote:
>
>>Are there any docs on this?
>>or use cases ?
>>We have done a solution where we have one huge form model, and then the
>>template is devide in multiple tabs ,It all works great but now we're
>>trying to structure the validation system (freshly speaking)
>>This MultiForms might be the solution to our problems :)
>>

> Isn't what you need something similar to the new multi-page form demo
> using widget states?
>
> Sylvain

Indeed, I did check out the Multiple form example but that is simply a Flow
use case to go from one form to another, but I found interesting the
possibility  of creating multiple forms in one declaration, with each form
having its own ft:form-template hence it's own validation and maybe even
out of one model or would the validation problem persist in this case?

I am kinda looking for the right direction here as I  freshly started today
sorting out how I was going to do (show)validation in my Big Huge 136
widget element form ;). All validation being perfectly done by Cforms, I
was wondering if anybody was working or planning a client side JS
validation generated from the CForm model?

Thanks for the thoughts
Regards
Tibor
By the way, thanks for the macro-jx module, it helps us a lot and opened new
ideas :)