cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: [rfc] commons fileupload replacement
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 16:31:34 GMT

Luigi Bai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to point out that the Multipart support in Cocoon is one of the
> few things that isn't pluggable or replaceable. I'd like it to be
> possible to configure web.xml/CocoonServlet to take a class name that
> implements some MultipartParser interface, and keep Part as an interface
> (perhaps letting it evolve as different implementations are available).
Point taken, but how many different implementations does a
multipartparser really need ? Commons-fileupload is RFC 1867 compliant,
has disk and memory based storage and is a "known and trusted" commons
library.

> Keeping the integration at the level of Interface means we don't run
> into the same kind of rigamarole that is going on with ECM etc.
True, but we're talking about 5 isolated classes that deal with file
uploads, nothing more.

IMHO : YAGNI

Regards
Jorg