cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Wojciech Gdela <elteh...@poczta.onet.pl>
Subject Re: [blocks.serializers] XHtmlSerializer bugfixes and improvements
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 09:21:13 GMT
Jean Pierre LeJacq wrote:

> IMHO, it is bad idea to hardcode work arounds for broken browsers.

I agree, but I think it's the main purpose of new XHtmlSerializer to
workaround IE bugs. It already has workarounds for "textarea", "script"
and "style", so It should have "div" and "a" too, to be complete.

> I would prefer a serializer that works to the standard and either
> provide an optional parameter asking for IE workarounds or a
> transformer that applys the workarounds prior to serialization.

+1 for parameter in serialzer.

Actually serializer can detect if user agent accepts
"applicaton/xhtml+xml" content type, and if not switch to workarounds
mode.

--
Best regards,
Wojciech Gdela.