cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From BURGHARD √Čric <eric.burgh...@systheo.com>
Subject how to get the xml serializer
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 14:03:26 GMT
Hi !

I'm writing a new source module.

I set-up some new pipelines with this module in the generator and everything
is working correctly, ... well not exactly

When i try to cinclude the xml from these pipelines in another pipeline i
get an exception (unable to find the xml serializer component from the
serializer selector component).

The problem comes from the getInputStream() method. I took the one that came
with XMLDBSource.java so i guess that xmldb: module has the same problem.

The serializer is to be selected by

manager = (ServiceManager)
this.context.get(ContextHelper.CONTEXT_SITEMAP_SERVICE_MANAGER);
serializerSelector = (ServiceSelector) manager.lookup(Serializer.ROLE +
"Selector");
serializer = (Serializer)serializerSelector.select("xml");

which throw the exception

The only components (related to serialization) i could find in the manager
is the org.apache.cocoon.components.sax.XMLSerializer and the
org.apache.cocoon.components.sax.XMLDeSerializer, but it seems complicated
for my purposes.

Any idea ?

regards