cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Luigi Bai <lpb+coc...@focalpoint.com>
Subject Re: [rfc] commons fileupload replacement
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 14:20:56 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to point out that the Multipart support in Cocoon is one of the
few things that isn't pluggable or replaceable. I'd like it to be possible
to configure web.xml/CocoonServlet to take a class name that implements
some MultipartParser interface, and keep Part as an interface (perhaps
letting it evolve as different implementations are available).

Keeping the integration at the level of Interface means we don't run into
the same kind of rigamarole that is going on with ECM etc.

By the way, I'm not clear on why Multipart support can't be implemented as
an Action? If it's an Action, then it's clearly pluggable, and all this
goes away. Why is it so early in the process, hard coded in CocoonServlet?