cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Releasing 2.1.6
Date Sun, 07 Nov 2004 10:58:14 GMT
On Sun, 7 Nov 2004, Giacomo Pati wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Nov 2004, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>>
>>> Should the new RunnableManager from trunk make it also into
>>> the 2.1.x branch? I'm working on the move of components using
>>> their own Thread/Runnable into it.
>>>
>> Yes, I think we should add this feature as soon as possible.
>
> Ok, guys. You can lend me a hand to make it a success by carefully reviewing
> the code I've checked in at src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/thread in
> the trunk as well as the commits concerning the migration from Excalibur
> CommandManager and own Thread handling to the RunnabeManager package.
>
> The code in the packages mentioned isn not from scratch. I've used code from
> an other Avalon project I've made and ajusted to the needs we have here.
> Unfortunately, as Carsten has began to strip off Instrumatioation, I've had
> to remove Instrumentation code from the copied packages as well.
> Instrumentation has helped us alot fine tuning the pools and queues and
> monitor its runtime behaviour.
>
> I there are any question concerning the RunnabelManager code, please ask, as
> there might be better ways to solve it as it is now and as more people review
> it the best we will get out of it.

Here is the list of classes I've found to be changed:

Thread usage:
org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.ContinuationsManagerImpl
org.apache.cocoon.components.hsqldb.ServerImpl
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.Jikes
org.apache.cocoon.components.slide.impl.JMSContentInterceptor
org.apache.cocoon.portal.coplet.adapter.impl.AbstractCopletAdapter
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.helpers.DefaultIncludeCacheManager
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.IncludeTransformer
org.apache.cocoon.webapps.portal.components.PortalManagerImpl

Runnable usage:
org.apache.cocoon.components.cron.QuartzJobScheduler$ThreadPool
org.apache.cocoon.components.slide.impl.JMSContentInterceptor
org.apache.cocoon.portal.coplet.adapter.impl.AbstractCopletAdapter$LoaderThread
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.helpers.DefaultIncludeCacheManager$LoaderThread
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.IncludeTransformer$IncludeBuffer
org.apache.cocoon.webapps.portal.components.CopletThread

The ContinuationsManagerImpl and the ServerImpl are already migrated. The
Jikes is the one I'm on it ATM.

--
Giacomo Pati