cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Releasing 2.1.6
Date Sun, 07 Nov 2004 00:55:05 GMT
On Sat, 6 Nov 2004, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>
>> Should the new RunnableManager from trunk make it also into
>> the 2.1.x branch? I'm working on the move of components using
>> their own Thread/Runnable into it.
>>
> Yes, I think we should add this feature as soon as possible.

Ok, guys. You can lend me a hand to make it a success by carefully
reviewing the code I've checked in at
src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/thread in the trunk as well as the
commits concerning the migration from Excalibur CommandManager and own
Thread handling to the RunnabeManager package.

The code in the packages mentioned isn not from scratch. I've used code
from an other Avalon project I've made and ajusted to the needs we have
here. Unfortunately, as Carsten has began to strip off Instrumatioation,
I've had to remove Instrumentation code from the copied packages as well.
Instrumentation has helped us alot fine tuning the pools and queues and
monitor its runtime behaviour.

I there are any question concerning the RunnabelManager code, please ask,
as there might be better ways to solve it as it is now and as more people
review it the best we will get out of it.

--
Giacomo Pati