cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Terence Parr <pa...@cs.usfca.edu>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: Strict Separation and Attribute Rendering in Cocoon]
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2004 19:17:26 GMT
Hi Daniel and cocoon folks :)

Leszek Gawron wrote:

> - break whole entity tree

How does wrapping data with a renderer touch the model?  What entity
tree do you mean, actually?

> - forget about lazy-loading

If you're pulling from the db each query you have a problem no matter
what.  God invented RAM for a reason ;)

> - fetch data on each level separately

Not sure what you mean?  I have a simple recursive walk of a
hierarchical menu in my paper that works great.

> - prepare some kind of DTOs that would apply "view needs" to data
> stored in
> database

Not sure what you mean.  The controller knows the locale and "paints"
objects before they are sent to the view.

> - build another object graph only for the sake of one view
> and above all:

Well, you need to store raw data somewhere and then change per locale.
There is no way around this.  Either you have IFs or you wrap data in a
formatter, right?

> - change my model every time I change view template

How so?  Wrapping a model object does not affect the model.

Perhaps I specific examples perhaps to see your point.

Ter