cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From H.vanderLin...@MI.unimaas.nl
Subject RE: HTMLArea in tables
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2004 20:34:07 GMT
Reinhard,

I modified the *-styling-*.xsl files to change the body/@onload call. They
were in the zip I sent you.

Strangely enough I had it working flawlessly with a short page of my own,
both in IE and in Firefox, but when I later tested it in a long form (20+
widgets with one or more HTMLareas) in IE it worked for HTMLarea containing
text, but not for empty forms. :-(
In one occasion I even noticed that the HTMLarea appeared several seconds
later!

Firefox was at least consistent (i.e. it works).

I'm sorry I don't have the time to extensively test various ideas posted on
the HTMLare forum:
- change the offsetleft and offsetwidth settings (con: this might not be
possible if your web layout wants it different)
- add an iframe in the HTML code, this should solve the timing problem (I
haven't yet figured out where exactly that should be put)
- set style:width=100% for the textarea. I've tried something similar and it
didn't work. Maybe it does in combination with my initfunction in
body/@onload

Re the modified forms styling files: As you can see it builds an
htmlarea_onload function that calls the initfunctions of each HTMLarea. What
I noticed when adding this function to body/@onload is that the XSL template
doesn't work as expected:

<xsl:template match="body">
	<xsl:attribute name="@onload">XXXX<xsl:value-of
select="@onload"/></xsl:attribute>
</xsl:template>

Where XXX is forms_onload in the field-styling.xsl and htmlarea_onload in
the htmlarea-styling.xsl

Well, this doesn't work: the value of the attribute is replaced without the
previous version being inserted. For now I fixed it by simply adding the
"forms_onload" function in the htmlarea-styling.xsl as well.

Bye, Helma