cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From H.vanderLin...@MI.unimaas.nl
Subject RE: [Proposal] review of sitemap component documentation
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 12:49:46 GMT
Guys,

let me chip in. First: big hooray to David for proposing a plan for actual
documentation writing!
Now: Start doing it!
I see this thread end in a discussion on where to write the docs, where to
put the administrative table. Too bad. Every programmer on this list agrees
that code should be refactored if it improves quality, why not apply this to
documentation as well?
Yes, put the documentation as JavaDoc in the components. Advantage: it's
close to the code so people are more likely to update the docs when updating
the code. And it can always be taken out and put somewhere else if that
serves future needs better, but at least it's there!

So, go ahead, make your table. Great idea.
If you do it in xdoc, beware that you will end up the administrator of the
table (integrating commits from non-committers). If you put it in wiki, and
you don't trust the backup, you simply make a local copy on a regular basis.
I'd say, put it in the wiki. Now that you have to register before being able
to edit, it's less likely to be changed by script kiddies.

Please just start.

Just my 2c.

Bye, Helma