cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <geoff.how...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GUMP@brutus]: Project cocoon-block-jms (in module cocoon) failed
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2004 17:32:33 GMT
On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 10:33:26 -0500, Stefano Mazzocchi
<stefano@apache.org> wrote:
> Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> > Which version does geronimo-* implement?  Maybe it is a change between
> > 1.0.2 (the version of JMS we had before Niclas changed it to the
> > geronimo version) and 1.1 - which seems to be the current version.

Don't know, but I'm confused about why it matters in this case.  The
GUMP site appears to say that this dependency is set up as a static
jar, not an ongoing project.  The jar (presumably the same one since
it hasn't been changed locally) is working in our build.

Still, going forward, Stefano's point is good - if we're building on a
prior spec version, we need to fix that.  I'll look into it.

> > Any reason we use Geronimo snapshots instead of the "official" Sun
> > jars, BTW?
>
> no really. We shipt it with geronimo's and that compiles so I thought
> that was going to be better, but nope.

We can't redistribute Sun's as we understand it.  See Stefano's
comment here: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=106616095322380&w=2.
 At the time, he suggested ibiblio, but later in the thread the idea
of re-implementing the spec from published docs came up which led to
Geronimo.

> If we identified there is a API change between 1.0.2 and 1.1, I'd rather
> have cocoon update to the latest JMS API rather than having to different
> packages in gump since it seems that cocoon is the only one having that
> problem anyway.

I'll see if that's the case, and if it solves the problem with Gump
all the better.

Geoff