cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralph Goers" <>
Subject Re: Client side validation
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:59:44 GMT
oceatoon said:

> Sorry to walk into post but this mailing list is amasing, answers come up
> simultaneously to my personnal questions, thx for reading my mind ;) I am
> exactly on this problem coz formy case Server side validations is a bit
> too
> heavy. I'd be glad to help if needed since our project will need it too

While client side validation is a good thing as it can give the user
faster validation and uses up less server side resources, IMO validation
should ALWAYS be also done on the server side.  Without it you are setting
yourself up for security holes since requests can always be hand-crafted
to bypass your client-side validation.  I can think of a few exceptional
cases to this, but over time as the site grows this is probably bound to

View raw message