cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Maisonneuve <>
Subject Re: [ANN] Daisy 1.1 release
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 12:52:29 GMT
but it's normal that people try to compare the different features of
CMS, there are plenty of CMS projects (somewhat 100 in the ..   install and try all the CMS is not
feasible. first  we must be able to filter quickly some CMS that
aren't available for our projet, and a comparaison of feature is a
good way.

for me , i hate compare 100 similar products because the developpers
doesn't answer correctly to this questions before developp another

1-" Are the features that i want  already available in  existing projects ?",
2- "if no, can I extend a existing project to ?"
3-," if no, ok we must create another projet ..?"

Is it normal that the wheel is reinvented 100 times ?  the answer is
clearly no .

So, what is the advantages of Daisy with respect to others (unless to
Lenya) ? (in the lenya has more feature than
daisy , so why recreate another CMS ? )
(Not answering clearly to this question, means for me a no serious project)

nicolas maisonneuve

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 10:15:04 +0100, Steven Noels
<> wrote:
> On 23 Nov 2004, at 20:52, Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
> > Some people asked for a comparison when Daisy 1.0 was released but
> > this page is
> > still empty:
> >
> Heh. I hate product comparisons with a passion, just as I hate filling
> out endless forms on
> and perhaps some more. The reason I hate them is
> that proper comparisons are very hard to do, and most likely will be
> completely dependent on what you want to achieve. Also, these forms
> typically get filled in with a "marketing attitude" - which means truth
> is sometimes twisted, and future ambitions are being stated as if they
> are reality.
> With both projects being open source and readily available, and if
> someone is serious about a CMS project, I think people should go
> through the burden of installing one system on Day 1, another system on
> Day 2, and use Day 3 to decide what project fits best with their
> requirements. If you can't bare spending two days doing a proper
> assessment of systems against your needs, no way you need to opt for an
> open source CMS.
> </Steven>
> --
> Steven Noels
> Outerthought - Open Source Java & XML            An Orixo Member
> Read my weblog at
> stevenn at                stevenn at

View raw message