cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Maisonneuve <n.maisonne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Daisy 1.1 release
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 12:52:29 GMT
but it's normal that people try to compare the different features of
CMS, there are plenty of CMS projects (somewhat 100 in the
http://cmsmatrix.org/matrix) ..   install and try all the CMS is not
feasible. first  we must be able to filter quickly some CMS that
aren't available for our projet, and a comparaison of feature is a
good way.

for me , i hate compare 100 similar products because the developpers
doesn't answer correctly to this questions before developp another
CMS:

1-" Are the features that i want  already available in  existing projects ?",
2- "if no, can I extend a existing project to ?"
3-," if no, ok we must create another projet ..?"

Is it normal that the wheel is reinvented 100 times ?  the answer is
clearly no .

So, what is the advantages of Daisy with respect to others (unless to
Lenya) ? (in the cmsmatrix.org/matrix lenya has more feature than
daisy , so why recreate another CMS ? )
(Not answering clearly to this question, means for me a no serious project)

nicolas maisonneuve