cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] smaller root sitemap
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 20:36:56 GMT
Il giorno 23/nov/04, alle 21:25, Sylvain Wallez ha scritto:

> What I don't like currently is that a lot of blocks use the xconfpatch
> task to insert their own stuff in the root sitemap. IMO this is bad,
> and block-specific components should only be present in block-specific
> sitemaps. That's a first step towards reduction.

If you do that, it will become harder to prime a new Cocoon-based app.
What I usually do is compile Cocoon with the blocks I need, then copy
the jars, root sitemap and cocoon.xconf in my app's workspace. Then I
modify the root sitemap to mount everything from a "local" subir and
that's all. If you move block-specific component declarations to other
sitemap, I'd have to chase them and copy them into my root sitemap by
hand.

> If you relate this to my earlier proposal of splitting the xconf file,
> that would mean we'll have a sitemap-builtins.xconf in WEB-INF along
> with the other xconf snippets. And the block-specific xconf files
> could also bring not only system-level components, but also sitemap
> components. For example, the "database" block would bring in its
> "database-block.xconf" not only the datasources, input/output modules,
> but also the SQLTransformer.
>
> How does that sound?

That sounds much better.

	Ugo