cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Bart Molenkamp" <b.molenk...@bizzdesign.nl>
Subject [Portal] problem with tabs and flow applications in coplets
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 12:28:57 GMT
I've send this message earlier this morning, but it didn't seem that it
made it to the dev-list. So I'll send it again, sorry for anyone who
receives this more than once...

Hi all,

I have a problem with the new portal engine. I have several coplets,
placed under different tabs. Most of the coplets (if not all) are flow
applications, just like the coplets under the "App" tab in the portal
sample.

Some of these flow applications use CForms, and these coplets are the
ones that cause trouble. When I start to fill the form with data, submit
it (then I see some page with the results I've edited), go to another
tab, and then go back to the tab, my flow application is one step back.
That is, I see the form again (and not the result page that I was
expecting).

I looked at the sample of the Cocoon portal, didn't find any strange
behaviour there, so I thought it is a problem of CForms in combination
with the portal engine. I had a look at
org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/Form.js, I found this code in
the showForm method:

do {
  var k = cocoon.sendPageAndWait(uri, bizData);
  if (result == null) result = k;

} while(!finished);

It seems like only the first returned continuation is stored, and
returned at the end of the function. Could that have something to do
with it?

Bart.