cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] Daisy 1.1 release
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:15:04 GMT
On 23 Nov 2004, at 20:52, Andreas Kuckartz wrote:

> Some people asked for a comparison when Daisy 1.0 was released but
> this page is
> still empty:
> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon-lenya/Comparisons

Heh. I hate product comparisons with a passion, just as I hate filling
out endless forms on
http://tools.hartman-communicatie.nl/overzicht.html,
http://cmsmatrix.org/ and perhaps some more. The reason I hate them is
that proper comparisons are very hard to do, and most likely will be
completely dependent on what you want to achieve. Also, these forms
typically get filled in with a "marketing attitude" - which means truth
is sometimes twisted, and future ambitions are being stated as if they
are reality.

With both projects being open source and readily available, and if
someone is serious about a CMS project, I think people should go
through the burden of installing one system on Day 1, another system on
Day 2, and use Day 3 to decide what project fits best with their
requirements. If you can't bare spending two days doing a proper
assessment of systems against your needs, no way you need to opt for an
open source CMS.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org