cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] review of sitemap component documentation
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:57:25 GMT
Upayavira wrote:

> Have any docs actually been done with this process? I'm curious to find
> out more about how what the conversion actually does. (I guess I could
> just try it, but then, that would be too easy!)

There are about 30 docs that are generated with this process.
So far i have listed about 280 components docs that should
be generated. The rest are missing the javadoc-like tags.

I am getting close to being able to commit my first
version of the coordination table. Please wait before
doing work on this section of the docs. It is a huge
task that must be systematically coordinated, or we
are going to waste a lot of time.

The table also has a description of the process ...
-------
This is a coordination table to assist the systematic
review of the "sitemap component documentation" which
is the set of documentation available at /userdocs/
for each sitemap component (actions generators matchers
readers selectors serializers transformers).

This documentation is generated as part of the Cocoon
'build docs' process. An anttask (tools/anttasks/SitemapTask)
scans the java code looking for javadoc-like tags
(e.g. @cocoon.sitemap.component.name) and extracts that
information. For each component there is also a default
document at src/documentation/xdocs/userdocs/ which contains
additional manual content. The two sources are merged to form
each final xdoc, with two new sections being added
(Description and Info). Then Forrest builds the final set
of documents as part of the normal 'build docs' process.
-------