cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [Design] JXTG 2.0
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 08:54:42 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:

> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>
>> Leszek Gawron wrote:

<snip/>

>>> Should we create a separate block for JXTG 2.0? I think scratchpad
>>> would be enough for now. WDYT?
>>
>> Create a separate block. We will add taglibs for JXTG1 functionality,
>> CForms and maybe ESQL2 to it. So a separate block certainly make
>> sense. Scratchpad is IMO just for isolated components, not for
>> collections of components that work together like in this case.
>
> Should we vote on that? If not I'll create a new block on Monday.

No need to vote for creating an unstable block AFAIK. Asking for peoples
opinion when creating a new block is of course a good idea. But in the
current case we already have had a lot of discussion about the need for
JXTG replacement, so just go ahead and add the block.

I would propose that you call the block "template" rather than "jxtg".
JXTG doesn't say that much and it is not that relevant as we not are
going to depend on having only JXPath as expression language. If someone
have a better proposal than "template", we can take that instead, but it
is easy to change names in SVN so we can change later in that case.

/Daniel