cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject [OT] input type="image" request param names
Date Sun, 28 Nov 2004 12:33:56 GMT
In our CForms Action.java [1] there is a comment about an IE bug with
appending 'x' and 'y' to the name of the input field when it is of type
image:

Special workaround an IE bug for <input type="image" name="foo"> :
in that case, IE only sends "foo.x" and "foo.y" and not "foo" whereas
standards-compliant browsers such as Mozilla do send the "foo" parameter.

1. I "found out" IE *is* standards compliant [2]:
When a pointing device is used to click on the image, the form is
submitted and the click coordinates passed to the server. The x value is
measured in pixels from the left of the image, and the y value in pixels
from the top of the image. The submitted data includes name.x=x-value
and name.y=y-value where "name" is the value of the name attribute, and
x-value and y-value are the x and y coordinate values, respectively.

2. My Mozilla 1.7 behaves the same way, both in quirks and standards
compliance mode.

Joerg

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon/trunk/src/blocks/forms/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/formmodel/Action.java?rev=56962&view=markup