cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Repeater addRow action button to link??
Date Sat, 27 Nov 2004 13:28:15 GMT
oceatoon wrote:

>Hi everyone
>
>I tried posting this too the user list but got no answer hope I'll be
>luckier in dev :)
>
>in our website, I tried to make a link that launches the addrow action
>instead of the usual submit type button launching on my repeater,
>but I can't get it to launch the action??
>
>this is what is originaly done
><input name="addroom" type="submit" id="addroom" value="Add a Room" />
>
>and I would want
>but this has a complete submit action,  and not just addrow submit ???
>
> Following the event handler docs, is it possible to connect my link to the
>list of event listenners or actions define for the addrow? in my case
>addroom ?

Yes. Please have a look at how is implemented "submit-on-change" in
forms-field-styling.xsl: you have to call "forms_submitForm(this,
"addroom")".

BTW, your use case is actually a styling of type "link" for the action
widget. I just added it to the CForms styling stylesheets, meaning with
the updated forms-field-styling.xsl you can now write:

<fd:repeater-action id="addroom" ....>
  <fd:label>Add a room</fd:label>
</fd:repeater-action>

and