cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: i18n and CForms
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2004 18:36:27 GMT
Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I am finding that the default FormsMessages that come with CForms do
> not appear to be working in 2.1.7-dev.
>
> My default browser locale (I tried both Safari and Firefox) is
> 'en_US', so should be using
> context://samples/blocks/forms/messages/FormsMessages.xml.
>
> This is not happening, either in my own usage or in the samples for
> CForms.
>
> So for instance, instead of getting the message "This field is
> required." I get "general.field-required" indicating that the lookup
> failed.
>
> Interestingly, even after I copied "FormsMessages.xml" to
> "FormsMessages_en_US.xml" and restarted Cocoon, it still did not work.
>
> I also tried setting Firefox to say my locale was 'fr', it still did
> not work.
>
> The i18n Samples work fine.
>
> Any ideas anyone?

Are you using the i18n transformer in a subsitemap of the sitemap where
it is declared?

There's currently a problem with components that have relative URLs in
their configuration (the message catalogue location is such an URL) and
that are used in subsitemap.

The problem comes from the fact that the relative context is that of the
sitemap where a component is firstly used, which in the case of
subsitemaps is different from the context where the component was declared.

That can be solved by implementing the "multi-relative source resolving"
I've been talking about recently, but for now you have to make sure that
the i18n transformer is only used in the sitemap where it is declared.

Sylvain