cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] smaller root sitemap
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2004 02:20:57 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> I think having a 40Kb sitemap for a just a few pipelines scares people
> way and makes the learning curve steeper.
>
> here is my proposal for Cocoon 2.2:
>
>  1) move the current webapp/sitemap.xmap into webapp/WEB-INF/sitemap.xmap
>
>  2) make the sitemaps inherit from that one instead than from root
>
>  3) obviously, in case webapp/WEB-INF/sitemap.xmap is missing, fall back
> into the root one (for back compatibility)
>
> The result is that you can have a sitemap as simple a single pipeline
> definition and it's much easier for people to just attack and modify
> without being scared away by the complexity of the whole thing.
>
> Thoughts?

Don't forget the "passthrough" capability that
Nicola Ken recently added to Cocoon-2.2 trunk.
We use this at Forrest to enable user projects
to have a minimal sitemap if they need it.
Their project sitemap gets first chance at matching,
then it passes though to Forrest's core sitemaps.
It is beauty.

--David