cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] review of sitemap component documentation
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 07:07:05 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>

>> Go for it!
>>
>> We also have to consider that we have more independant blocks very
>> soon, means that we have the goal that each block can be released
>> seperatly and IMO it should provide its own docs.
>>
>> This seems to be the simple part. More difficult is providing a
>> complete documentation consisting of Cocoon core and all blocks
>> automatically ...
>

> Yeah, i thought a little about that wrinkle while
> devising that proposal. Don't know what the answer
> is yet. That is why i was asking if anyone was going
> to say: stop, we need to throw away or redesign that
> excellent SitemapTask to cope with separate bloack docs.
>
> Anyway, i think that reviewing the content of the
> current sitemap components docs is still worthwhile.

Don't want to stop you and I don't think that having more independant blocks is
a problem for the sitemapTask.

I just wanted to share my thoughts that popped while I was writing my reply to
Sylvain's mail on sitemap-buildins.xconf proposal.

                                   - o -

Back to the documentation problem: The situation is that docs will be spread
over many different places. IMO a Cocoon 2.2 distribution will contain Cocoon
core and a number of selected blocks (pdf, ojb, ...). This distribution, which
will be a binary distribution again, will contain docs for core and all its
blocks. We should have some automated mechanism to provide *one* documentation.
Maybe this is an Ant task that does copies all docs to one destination and
patches some forrest configuration files. Just a RT ...

--
Reinhard