cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] review of sitemap component documentation
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 06:35:24 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> We need to consistently review both the shell documents
> and the javadoc-like tags in the code. While we are
> in there, the actual javadoc comments and tags could
> also be reviewed.
>
> I propose to create a planning document to co-ordinate
> this effort. It would be a table which lists each sitemap
> component and whether each aspect has been reviewed.
> The columns are not yet determined, but they would
> be things like: shell doc present, shell doc suitable,
> javadoc tags present, javadoc tags suitable, etc.
>
> Then i, and others, can gradually work through the list
> and get each document/tags up-to-date. If we cannot
> readily determine the info, then we would ask pertinent
> questions on the dev list. If that doesn't help then
> we can dig in the 'svn log' to find the culprits.

In the wiki at http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/MergingBranches you can see
an example of a sort of working "to-do" list. If you create a document
along these lines in the wiki with the names of the source files that
need work I promise I will help out in updating at least some of the
javadoc and then updating the wiki page.

I'd also like to see some other components documented this way.  There
are a number of Portal components that could use this (at least events,
event aspects, layouts, and renderer aspsects).