cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Taglib Block, and Re: Planning Cocoon's future
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:30:56 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le 23 nov. 04, à 14:54, Vadim Gritsenko a écrit :
>
>> ...ATM, I'm -1 on deprecating XSP. There is just not enough
>> information yet to make such a decision - we have some wishes but
>> nothing concrete yet...
>

> I'm +1 on your -1 ;-)
>
> XSP is used in a lot of existing apps, it works and it doesn't seem to
> be a heavy burden to carry.
> I don't think there's a real urgency to deprecate XSP, except the desire
> to move forward of course. But not developing it any further is clear
> signal already.

I'm working on a reporting web application for gump based on cocoon and
I tried *hard* not to use XSP but I couldn't since ESQL is the
best/most-efficient tool for the job when reporting is concerned.

We already made it a block, I don't think we need to deprecate it until
we have something that is equivalently powerful and yet solves the
issues with it (being too powerful ;-)

--
Stefano.