cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: [BUILD SYSTEM] New eclipse-customized-project task
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 09:16:20 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Hi:
>
>I wrote a new task for the Cocoon build system. The new task build the
>eclipse project files only for the blocks included in
>[local.]blocks.properties.
>
>The new task also only include the optional libraries based on the user
>choosed blocks.
>
>The motivation was: my computer has only 768 MB of RAM and trying to debug
>or do whatever with cocoon in eclipse takes long time. Tired of waiting
>long time while eclipse do whatever and almost stall, I decided to write
>this new task or I will end crazy.
>
>Results:
>1-A noticeable improvement in eclipse. :-DD
>2-Less code to see.
>3-Faster compiler time.
>
>Internals:
>
>The task is new. It does not change other tasks.
>
>Future improvements:
>
>1-Use build.properties as well to avoid inclusion of deprecated stuff or
>samples if not needed.
>
>Can I commit this task? WDYT?

Sounds very useful. I've often wondered about this. However, wouldn't it
make sense to make this the default 'eclipse-project' target? After all,
this is what that target _should_ be doing.

Especially if you build Cocoon from the command line, then have eclipse
point to the WEB-INF/classes folder. Things can otherwise get messy...

Regards, Upayavira