cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Release and updating the website
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 09:06:55 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le 23 nov. 04, à 06:42, David Crossley a écrit :
>
>> David Crossley wrote:

> I'm with David here (i.e. generating in build/site as now) - if you
> generate directly into the final tree I think it's much harder to find
> out which files must be *deleted* from the final destination.
>
> Generating somewhere else allows you to compare lists of files to find
> out what must be removed, e.g.
>
> find /final-site-dir -type f | sort > /tmp/f1
> find /generated-stuff -type f | sort > /tmp/f2
> diff /tmp/f1 /tmp/f2
>
> Of course there are other ways, but I think this is practical.

Great. That's useful. I'll add it to my list of things to check out, and
document. Surely this'd be something for Forrest to automate? Could the
CLI keep a list of pages it generates, and then compare the newly
generated list with this? It would then know what to delete, if a switch
has been added.

Just a thought.

Regards, Upayavira