cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release and updating the website
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 05:42:19 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Upayavira wrote:
>
>> Also, when I did run Forrest, I really had to dig to find the
>> generated pages, whereas I would have expected them to have been
>> generated "in place", i.e. into the place from which I'd commit them
>> directly to SVN.
>
> We can change the location of where the documents
> get generated via forrest.properties config.

Actually i prefer them to go to build/site/ as now.
I can do 'diff -rq' to see what has changed, and
importantly what files were added/deleted. But i suppose
that files are not deleted often, so the diff and "adds"
could be found with svn commands.

Another reason is if you only want to update
one or two documents, then it is easy to copy them
over from build/site/ directory. I suppose that one
could do 'svn commit" for the specific docs, then
'svn revert' the rest.

I will go with whatever people want. More importantly
whatever makes it clear and easy for those who are not
experienced with the documentation production.

--David