cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Validating aggregated widgets
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:06:03 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>>> IIUC an aggregated widget is a combination of a field and container
>>> widget. If I  add a validator, the aggregated value is validated and
>>> an error is added to the aggregated widget. But how can I display it?
>>> After the FormsTransformer, the aggregated widget element has been
>>> removed and only its parts are available for the XSLT.
>>>
>>> A possible solution could be adding a custom validation and set
>>> errors to one of the parts but I'm not really happy with this ... :-/
>>>

>> Do we have similar to ft:widget-label somethink like ft:widget-error?
>> I think this could be a solution for this. WDOT?
>

> Use <ft:validation-error/> tag, see EffectWidgetReplacingPipe.java for
> details.
>
> Vadim

Just found it out myself :-) anyway, thank you very much.

AFAIK the aggregated-field is a hybrid of a field and a container widget. Is
this the reason, why errors of the parts are also errors at the aggregated
field? This leads to the effect that errors are shown twice.

Another watching: If the required attribute of the aggregatefield is set to
true, I get an error (field required) when the page is shown for the first!
time. Any ideas?

--
Reinhard